Firewater Ponds – Retention Ponds are used to control the flow of surface water from large paved/roofed areas to rivers and streams. Firewater Retention Ponds are also used to store contaminated water arising from fire fighting or accidental spillage of chemicals on site.
Firewater ponds are sometimes designed as ornamental lakes. It is critical that retention ponds are fully sealed to prevent seepage and are also sometimes used as settlement basins to remove suspended solids from water and effluent prior to discharge or treatment.
- Pfizer Pharmaceuticals – Co. Cork
- Eli Lilly – Co. Cork
- Smithkline Beecham – Co. Cork
- Hewlett Packard – Co. Kildare
- Intel – Co. Kildare
- Pharmacia & Upjohn – Co. Cork
- Elan – Co. Westmeath
- IDA – Co. Galway
- Merck Millipore – Co. Cork
- Ballina Beverage – Co. Mayo
- Cara Partners – Co. Cork
- Environmental Protection Agency, Johnstown Castle – Co. Wexford