Supply and Installation
Baffle Curtains are an efficient and simple solution to improve flow characteristics/patterns and increase the effectiveness of water treatment in reservoirs. The vertical curtain panels are installed to direct and disrupt the water/wastewater through a set route from inlet to outlet. As the panels are designed and fabricated to suit the size and shape of the reservoir, features such as floor height variations will be taken into account during the design phase.
The curtains are fully welded 1.5mm Flagon Geo P/AT geomembrane panels, with uPVC pipes threaded through the top and bottom seams to allow the curtains to be hung from the ceiling. The Geo P/AT geomembrane has a smooth, non-absorbent surface and is resistant to bacteria, fungi and micro-organisms. It can be power hosed down, if required, as part of cleaning/maintenance works within the reservoir.
The curtains are fixed to the reservoir walls, ceiling and floor using 316 stainless steel fixtures and fittings and polypropylene tensioning straps. All materials used are Drinking Water Inspectorate (DWI) and Water Regulations Advisory Scheme (WRAS) approved products and are safe for use in drinking water.
Soprema Ireland are quality suppliers of the Flagon Geo P/AT geomembrane Geoline use to fabricate baffle curtains. They’ve published an excellent article on their website regarding the benefits of using baffle curtains in drinking water reservoirs – read it here.
Baffle Curtains can be installed as part of a reservoir refurbishment. You can learn more about that process here.
- Custom-made to suit your specifications
- Fabricated offsite to minimize downtime of facilities
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Have a predicted life service in excess of 50 years in potable water
- Drinking-Water Tanks and Reservoirs
- Wastewater Tanks and Reservoirs
Examples of Previous Projects
- An Baile Mor WTP, Co. Kerry
- An Fheothanach WTP, Co. Kerry
- Annagh WTP, Co. Cavan
- Ardan WTP, Co. Offaly
- Ardcarrig WTP, Co. Kildare
- Ballynolan WTP, Co. Carlow
- Camp WTP, Co. Kerry
- Carrigbyrne WTP, Co. Wexford
- Ceann Tra WTP, Co. Kerry
- Clonaslee WTP, Co. Laois
- Commons WTP, Co. Tipperary
- Dunquinn WTP, Co. Kerry
- Monagear WTP, Co. Wexford
- Raheenleigh WTP, Co. Carlow
- Royal Oak WTP, Co. Carlow
- Staleen WTP, Co. Meath
- Stillorgan Reservoir, Co. Dublin
- Stooke Reservoir, Co. Tipperary
- Thurles Regional WSS, Co. Tipperary