Man made decorative lakes and ponds are now common place on developments such as golf courses, industrial parks, leisure parks etc. Geomembrane lake liners are now more widely used than clay or concrete to seal such lakes and prevent water loss.
The finished edge details for lakes vary considerably e.g. grass edges, stone edges, vertical walled edges (above or below ground) etc. A Geomembrane lake liner can be easily incorporated into any lake design.
Lakes can be functional also and serve for irrigation, firefighting and stormwater attenuation purposes.
- Lake and Pond Lining – Lining SystemsMillenium Park – Co. Kildare
- City West Business Campus -Co. Dublin
- Mount Wolsely Golf Club – Co. Carlow
- Waterford Technology Park – Co. Waterford
- Maynooth College – Co. Kildare
- Ice House Hill Park – Co Louth
- Killarney Golf Club – Co. Kerry
Geomembranes are now widely used in land based fish and shellfish farms to seal containment areas.
In addition to providing positive water containment the use of geomembranes also protects groundwater sources from contamination, helps maintain dissolved oxygen levels in the ponds, prevents erosion of the banks, improves harvesting, impedes weed growth and reduces crop infections, all of which promotes excellent growth and survival rates which leads to increased profits for operators.
- Corr Iasc Teo – Co. Galway
- Redbank Shellfish – Co. Clare
- Udras na Gaeltachta – Co. Mayo
- Kilmore Fish Company – Co. Wexford
- Shannon Aquaculture – Co. Clare
- Sealyon Seafoods – Co. Clare