Download our Pond Liner brochures below for more detailed information.
Firestone Pond Liner™ for decorative pond applications
The 1.02 mm thick Firestone EPDM Liner Geomembrane is specifically designed for decorative pond applications. It is commercialized under the trade name Firestone Pond Liner. Because of its specific formulation and production process, only the Firestone Pond Liner membrane is guaranteed to be compatible with aquatic life in accordance with testing reports published by the Water Research Centre in the UK.
To avoid any confusion, the Firestone Pond Liners membrane can be easily identified as follows:
- Special blue packaging with Firestone Pond Liners logo
- Imprint of the notation “PNDLNR” on the membrane
- Imprint of the thickness .040 inches (1.02 mm) on the membrane
- An incorporated measure tape marking the quantity of Pond Liner membrane left on the core
The Firestone EPDM liner is particularly suitable for use in the construction of landscape ponds designed to enhance office complexes, golf courses and recreational parks.
Firestone, the preferred liner for decorative water features
Firestone Decorative pondsThe Firestone EPDM liner is particularly suitable for use in the construction of landscape ponds designed to enhance office complexes, golf courses and recreational parks.
The main component of Firestone Lining Systems is Firestone EPDM Geomembrane, a single-ply synthetic rubber waterproofing membrane made of ethylene – propylene – diene terpolymer, mixed with carbon black, oils, curing agents and processing aids. It is calendered into large sheets and vulcanized, an ideal rubber pond liner..
Key features and benefits
The success of Firestone EPDM Geomembranes can be attributed to their unique combination of benefits:
- High flexibility: Firestone EPDM Geomembranes remain highly flexible even at very low temperatures (down to –45 °C), enabling year round installation in a variety of climates and terrain.
- High elongation: Firestone EPDM Geomembranes can elongate over 300%, which enables the membrane to stretch and conform to objects in the subgrade.
- Superior weathering resistance: Firestone EPDM Geomembranes offer unmatched resistance to ultraviolet radiation and ozone.
- Quick and easy installation: Firestone EPDM Geomembranes are available in large seamless panel sizes up to 15m in width and 61m in length resulting in fewer field seams and less installation time.
- Low maintenance: Firestone EPDM Geomembranes require little or no regular maintenance after installation. The Geomembrane can survive normal environmental exposure for well over 30 years.
- Environmentally friendly: Firestone EPDM Geomembrane is an inert material with low environmental impact during production and use. In addition, Firestone’s EPDM manufacturing facilities have received ISO 14001 certification, a testimony of the company’s commitment to environmental management.
Firestone EPDM Geomembrane is a cost-effective lining system for irrigation ponds and canals conserving valuable water resources. The success of Firestone Geomembranes in lining ponds applications is especially due to their proven durability, unique physical properties and low installation cost resulting from the use of large panels.